(Last updated 05/28/2021)
Thank you for joining us for in-person classes or camps in 2021 season. Please review the below health procedures before your child joins us this summer.
While our camps and classes are going to look different than usual you can count on two things:
1. The safety and health of your family and children is our number one priority.
2. We are excited to create with your artists and share our passion for art. Creative process can be therapeutic and enriching, and we will make sure your children feel safe and have fun!
To prevent the spread of Covid19 in our community we have adjusted the number of students that will be able to attend in person programs. Each class/camp will accommodate only up to 15 students. We have added a few online classes as well. We have two classes running at the same time in completely separate classrooms. These classes do not 'mingle'.
Before Camp/class starts
Monitor your child's and family member's health closely. Take your child's temperature. We will ask you to answer a few questions regarding this at the time of drop off.
PLEASE keep your child home if they are sick, starting to feel sick, if they have a fever, cough, or stuffy nose, or if your child had a close contact exposure to someone with a positive Covid19 test within the last 10 days before first day of camp.
We require your child to wear a mask during any in-person programs when indoors.
Our staff is fully vaccinated but will continue wearing masks when working with our students.
Work stations are spaced out at least 3 feet apart.
All staff will be screened for Covid19 symptoms, trained in following the new protocols.
We strongly discourage children with any medical condition that might make them more vulnerable to Covid19, asthma or immune suppressed condition to not attend any in-person programs.
EVERYONE IN ENTERING OUR BUILDING/FACILITY IS REQUIRED TO WEAR FACE COVERING PROPERLY COVERING MOUTH AND NOSE.
Please form a line outside of our studio while maintaining 6 feet distance between each family.
One family at the time will be allowed in the reception area to be screened, signed in and asked a few questions.
One escorting adult will be allowed inside and required to wear a mask at all times inside the building. Please leave non-attending siblings at home or in the car if possible. We understand this may not be always possible though.
Temperature of the attending child and the escorting adult will be taken and recorded. If the child of escorting adult exhibits temperature higher than 99.5 or higher, the child will not be able to attend the camp.
Set of these questions will be asked upon arrival: (Please note: the questions are subject to change)
1. Have you had a fever, cough, muscle aches, tiredness, or shortness of breath in the past week?
2. Have you had a loss or altered sense of smell of taste?
3. Have you spent time with anyone in the past 2 weeks who has been sick with Covid 19 or has been recently diagnosed with Covid 19?
The child has to wash hands and leave personal belongings in the cubby area when entering their classroom. We will provide enclosed bins for each child. These bins will be sanitized after each use.
They may then begin art making and their escorting adult may depart allowing the next family to enter.
During the camp
* proper hand washing will be required upon the entry, before and after consumption of food, after use of bathroom, and every 20 minutes during the day. You may pack hand lotion marked with your child's name to soothe their skin.
* students will be spaced out at working tables at least three feet apart.
* each artist will receive their own bin of supplies and tools (scissors, glue, markers, etc) to work with during the day to avoid sharing. These will be sanitized before and after each session.
* Students will not be allowed to share any personal items including food with the exception of siblings.
* Snacks will be consumed outside during a designated snack break if weather permits. Please apply sunblock ahead before the beginning of each day.
All children will wash hands before collecting their belongings.
Parents will form a line outside maintaining 6 feet apart. We will escort your child to meet you at the door.
(We will miss dearly welcoming you inside the studio to show you everything that has happened during the class. We hope this is not forever. )
All adults are required to wear masks.
All surfaces, art tools and toys will be sanitized before and after each session.
Cubies will be sanitized after each session.
Commonly used surfaces will be sanitized frequently during the day.
Bathroom seats, faucets, handles and light switches will be sanitized each day.
If your child becomes ill
If your child becomes unwell during camp, they can rest in designated area away from the group but within sight until they can be picked up.
This area will be throughly sanitized after the child leaves. We will follow up with you regarding the doctors diagnoses of the child.
We request to be informed immediately if your child or anyone in the immediate family has been diagnosed with Covid 19.
If there is Covid 19 at the facility
If a student or staff member is considered a "primary contact" (there are not sick, but had been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid 19), we will ask the affected staff member to self quarantine for 10 days and the affected student not to attend camp.
If any staff member or student tests positive for Covid 19, the studio will close for the period of 3 days for in-person sessions and the staff member will be asked to self quarantine for at least 10 days.
A large focus of our instructions is on the social and emotional development of your child. In the light of this current change in the way we are interacting as a society we are prepared to address each child's needs for safety and comfort as they arise. We are prepared to talk about things that may be confusing and new for your child and encourage them to self-regulate, participate whole heartedly and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of creating art!
LET'S MAKE ART TOGETHER!